Find Bad Device Drivers
If you are having problems with lockups, blue screens, or can only get to
often the problem is due to a faulty device driver.
One way to help identify them is through the use of the Verifier program
- Start / Run / Verifier
- Keep the default of Create Standard Settings
- Select the type of drivers you want to confirm
- A list of drivers to be verified on the next boot will be shown.
- If your computer stops with a blue screen, you should get an error message with the problem driver
- To turn off the Verifier, run verifier /reset